I have a Toddler daughter who is 12 months 2weeks and 5 days and she has the runs bad from teethin and she drivin me crazy and i am tryin not to take her to the hospital

at times she will not eat or drink nothing at all and at this time i was potty train her what should i do i am so lost and i took the day off from work to be with her but what should i do

kedaboo7

Asked by kedaboo7 at 3:36 PM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Get pedilyte into her.
    Don't worry about the potty training. At this young age, it's more "elimination communication" than it is "potty training" anyway. If she made any progress, she'll learn it back once she's well. If she hadn't made any progress, well that's to be expected due to her age and you can pick up the training when she is ready to start again.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:54 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I can't really tell what you are asking here. could you re-state this with a clear summary of the issue and a specific question?
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 3:38 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Nobody cares about the "2 weeks and 5 days" BS. Maybe instead of being specific about her age right on down to she second she is old and tell us the actual important details... maybe we could try to answer your question.
    Anonymous

• I'd call the Dr. It's not true that teething causes the runs. Your daughter could be ill and if she has had diarrhea and is not eating she may get dehydrated.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 3:47 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• have u tried pedialyte
    brooklynjean07

Answer by brooklynjean07 at 3:53 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Call the doc if it's bad. Diarrhea isn't caused by teething. Could be a bug, food, anything! If she's not eating, you'll want to try to get something in her tummy so she's not dehydrated. Also, some yogurt or florastor kids will help the digestive track.
    Anonymous

• Make sure to stay away from juices that will make the diarrhea worse and I would take her to the doctor because dehydration can develop quickly in little ones.
    momof3_dll

Answer by momof3_dll at 3:55 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• If you think for a second that your daughter is dehydrated she needs to go to the hospital. Is she peeing enough, is her pee light colored? Try getting her to eat bananas cause those will help bind up her poop. Get those kids shakes (Ensure makes some) and have her take those as well as drink Pedialyte. My son has really bad diahrea for 3wks straight. The doctor said it would be a bacteria in his stomach, but since he was eating small amounts and drinking plenty of fluids there wasn't much they could do.
    roxy85

Answer by roxy85 at 3:55 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• this is for the jack/ass who is mad cause i put the weeks of my child why u have to hide ur self be a women and show ur self ya digg and read it cause the problem is there
    kedaboo7

Answer by kedaboo7 at 4:23 PM on Nov. 3, 2008