do you ever just not want to bother with thanksgiving my kids are grown so im not hurting any little kids are nothing i just dont feel like it.how about any of you?

peace013

Asked by peace013 at 12:49 PM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Holidays

• I never bother with it. Never have. My DH can take the kids to his sisters if they want to do dinner, but I don't have anything to do with it.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:51 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Hell no! every year Thanksgiving is a great opportunity to get together with family and acknowledge all of our blessings, you don't have to have kids to do this! If you have a united family and bond then this day is a blessing in and of itself.

Answer by older at 12:52 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• My mother did not want to go through the bother this year either, so I invited her for dinner at my house. I'm cooking for my in-laws anyway, so what's 2 more places? Maybe its time for one of your kids to start hosting the holiday.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 12:53 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• We always have Thanksgiving---the families get together and that has to be a good thing! How can you just skip a chance at a family dinner? ALL Holidays are wonderful! We take turns-my middle daughter is having Thanksgiving, I am having Christmas Eve and my oldest daughter is having Christmas Day dinner. Each year we do it at different homes. We wouldn't skip any of it!
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 1:05 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• My mom is going through this.... She is 65 yrs old, my dad is 79 yrs old.. We are all grown and moved out. So I go to her home and cook thanksgiving dinner for her and my dad. Or they come to my house....Each family brings a covered dish.. the only downside is: I'm always stuck with the dishes...Thank God for automatic dishwashers..LOL
    LuLuMama_4Jesus

Answer by LuLuMama_4Jesus at 1:51 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I am just staying home with my kids, we are ordering from Cracker Barrel, I don't feel like traveling, I just don't want to make a big deal out of it this year. Our new tradition will be a low key Turkey day.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 2:02 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Honestly if I was in that place I would be right with ya.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 5:25 PM on Nov. 16, 2010