Supportive Advice for a New Mom to Be.....

__________________________________ (what would you say to a new mom?)

What I would say: Ask for help! Be patient.....There are going to be sleepless nights! Get naps when you can!Stock up on wipes and diapers! Dont doubt yourself You are going to be a great mama!

**I wish someone had told this to me before I had my first baby**

Mom to 2 beautiful girls :)

Truelove77

Asked by Truelove77 at 12:58 PM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Don't worry about milestones listed in a book or what someone else's kid is doing. A kid will learn to sleep through the night, crawl, drink from a cup, play with stacking toys and all those other things when he is ready. Don't worry, it will come.

Read to your kid! Read packages at the store. Read street signs on a walk. Read your magazines or books. Have board books just lying around the room same as their toys. They don't have to sit still on your lap and pay attention, just follow their lead to make reading be a fun, loving thing that you do with your child.

Don't be afraid to ask for help. Call the pediatrician with any little question you have. Ask anyone you think might be helpful. AND THEN, trust your final decision even if someone told you otherwise.

You will screw up. Often. Don't beat yourself up, just learn from it. A good mom is one who cares enough to keep trying.
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 1:24 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Do what you feel is right for YOUR baby and YOU. It is nice to hear the opinions out there but they are not all going to fit your babies or your needs! Enjoy your baby while you can.

4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 1:02 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Everyone will try to tell you what you're doing wrong. Don't listen to them.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 1:00 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Learn and grow along with your baby, follow your instincts they are rarely wrong, patience is really a big virtue! always put your baby first and everything else second, you can't go wrong!

Answer by older at 1:03 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Treasure every moment. Keep a journal. Write down anything and everything you are feeling and thinking, or wondering and what is happening. It is amazing years later when you reread it. It will bring a smile to your face.
    NavymomtoJon

Answer by NavymomtoJon at 1:05 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Trust yourself. As my friend told me "You have never been a mom before, and your baby has never been a baby before. you are both going to be learning to do this together." Be patient. Enjoy every single moment you can. Dont sweat the small stuff. And consistancy is key in whatever you choose is the best for your baby.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 12:13 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• great sdvice, I agree learn with your lill one, your the mom no one knows your baby better than you,if something doesn't seem right it's not, don't doubt yourself and take lots of pics, your kid won't care your in pj or hair a mess they like to see young you w/ baby them
    enjoy your baby
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 1:08 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Hold your baby! All the time. They grow so fast it is unbelievable. Get a good sling and have them close. It will make both of you so much more comfortable. You can't 'spoil' a baby and most babies grow out of wanting to be held all the time with in the first 6 months. Once they are crawling around you will miss that cuddly baby in your arms.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:43 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• You know what's right for your bab, trust your gut and take everyones advice with a smile and a nod
    MelSwim7

Answer by MelSwim7 at 12:22 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I am a mother to be and what I say is do not sweat the small stuff. Enjoy what is going on. The hardest thing for me is not to stress out. That is one of the worst things you can do as a mommy to be. I have had allot of stuff happen to me recently. The thing that gets me through is thinking of the day (Dec 21) when I hold my brand new baby boy in my arms and know that forever he is mine. This is my first child and I want to give him the world. I just cant with finances. And I worry about that. But one thing that I again say keeps me strong is I have a wonderful man by my side and a family that loves me. And this lil person I carry around in my belly everyday will go so nice and snug in that family.
    courtneyrogers

Answer by courtneyrogers at 12:26 PM on Nov. 16, 2010