Facebook Question

I am new to Facebook and I would like to know how to find people on there. Ex: If I wanted to see if someone from my past may be out there and would be interested in becoming friends again?
I hope this makes sense. I don't really know how to word the question

Bugbait

Asked by Bugbait at 12:59 PM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Entertainment

• On the top of the page there is a box that says "search." Put their name in there.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 1:01 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• You can search their name, but you might get 500 results for that name. It doesn't always work. You can search your friends' friends. You can search your high school and year you graduated. You can see who likes that.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:07 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• You can search for their name. If there are too many results to be sure you're finding the right person, you can try to narrow it down with filters like school or location (but some people don't include this in their info). If you know an email address for the person, you can search by that too. Often once you start finding people you know, you'll notice that you know some of their friends too. Sometimes FB even suggests that you might know someone if you have several mutual friends.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 1:12 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• You can search by name, by workplace, by high school or by college. However, you'll only find someone if they have their profile marked as searchable. If it's not set that way, you won't be able to find them even if they are members.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 1:56 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• JUST SEARCH THERE NAME OR SCHOOL
    chanchan522

Answer by chanchan522 at 4:47 PM on Nov. 15, 2010