• In the Spotlight:

I don't really care about you, your mother, or your life story. Just pack up my groceries!!!!!

While picking up groceries it was busy in the store & the checkouts were all 5 customers deep. I was already irritable when I got the cashier from hell. She was this geeky girl that looks as though she has no friends. She went on and on talking about her mother. All the while I am trying to be polite while she pauses mid scan to tell me all the details. I look behind me and there are carts of people waiting to check out. My cashier is talking so much that she is slowing down.
I don't want to hear what she is saying, I am hot, pregnant, hormonal and want to get the hell out of there. I tried everything to not snap at the lonely cashier.
Do these type of people irritate the hell out of you too? What would you do about the cashier to get her butt in gear and shut the f**k up?

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 3:42 PM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I just don't respond.

sounds like your hormones got the better of you though ;o)
    Anonymous

• Just remember it is part of her job to be friendly. so if she is slowing down just make the comment that really need to pee because you are sooo prego and it feels like your head is going to explode...that should speed her up. lol.
    allworknosleep

Answer by allworknosleep at 3:46 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Oh yes, they sure do. All you can do is just nod politely and don't respond. Unless of course you're out spoken and told her to hurry up.
    katyameliasmom

Answer by katyameliasmom at 3:47 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Start to look at you watch and comment on how crowded the store is so you're late now. Or start helping to bag your stuff. That'll usually shut Chatty Cathy up...
    roxy85

Answer by roxy85 at 3:49 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• i just nod and try not to scream lol It bugs me too especially oh your baby's so cute and they want to know everything from how old she is to is she always this happy. Its like shut up and do your job lady i have a life I'm busy lets move it along. I hate it more tho when people just stand in the middle of the isle and talk about weird nasty stuff like the other day i overheard one woman tell another well i took a water pill at church so i better get going to the bathroom. YUCK
    Anonymous

• I'm normally nice but if it gets too bad I'll politely tell them to keep scanning because people are lining up. But it pisses me off to no end. I have to remember though, I've been a cashier before and they're supposed to be friendly. As for the geeky girl, she probably DOESN'T have any friends and this is the best social interaction she can get.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 3:53 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Pick up your phone and make a phone call.They wont talk to you if your on the phone!
    Chrystal_A

Answer by Chrystal_A at 4:07 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• i hate when that happens!!!! but i agree with Chrystal_A ..and i would also tell her "im in a hurry,can you please go alittle quicker." =)
    misty91

Answer by misty91 at 4:12 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I get this from the mail folks at my job.. smile and avoid fueling the fire by adding your own 2 cents..
    ZoeKatsMom

Answer by ZoeKatsMom at 4:16 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Wow r u serious? It's just like 2 seconds of your life, get over yourself. She's just doing her job.
    Anonymous