Question about pre-marital sex.

I was always taught that you save yourself until marriage, but that once you've been married, you don't have to save yourself if you are to marry again. That it's ok to have sex before marriage if it's your 2nd, 3rd marriage...etc. What is your opinion?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:08 PM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• I think all forms of premarital sex are fine. I wish I had had sex with my ex husband before we got married so I could have known he was a pump pump squirt, and then pass out without me ever getting mine.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 1:10 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Well, I wasn't taught to "save yourself for marriage." I was taught to take care of yourself and own your sexuality, and make informed decisions about having sex. So no, I would not think that having sex before your second marriage was any more right or wrong than before your first marriage.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 1:11 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• that is pretty stupid. who taught you that? Must not have been a "christian" because they wouldnt have been saying anything about your second or third marriage. i wouldnt really look up to that person if i were you...and im not a christian either..just sayin
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 1:12 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• My opinion is you should never save yourself - first marriage of 15th... But if you don't believe in sex before marriage I don't see why it would matter if it's your first or not. My mother is a strict believer in no sex before marriage, so even though she has 3 failed marriages at this point, if and when she starts dating again, she has always makes it clear that there is no sex til marriage...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:15 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I believe that sex is meant to happen between partners within a committed relationship So if something happened to my DH and I began dating again I would not have sex until married again.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:16 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I was tought to wait until marriage, I did though. I wish I did or at least been someone I would have considered. It has to be reason for your thinking. People who wait until they were married have reason for it if it be what they believee or the benefits. You need to figure out for yourself the pros and cons not just doing so because you were told.
    Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 1:17 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I've long wondered about the... reality is a good word... the reality of how it is 'different' whether you have sex before or after you say some words (with witnesses) and fill out some paperwork.

You see, I've known people who are filled to the top with fidelity --and have never been married to anyone. I have known more than a handful of total hypocrites who have been married either nearly their whole lives, or repeatedly, but who are mentally/emotionally never 'there'.

I just can't get my head around why it matters, much less how it managed to make it to 'sinful' to be loving --when it is love rather than entitlement, desperation or any of the other polluted reasons people get it on-- in one legal or social context and 'blessed' in another. It seems to me, that the reality matters more than the paperwork... marital sex can be rape (and lust and covetousness), too.

Anyone see the eldest Dugger's wedding? Yikes!
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 1:19 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I think everyone has their own personal set of rules for sex. I think sex before marriage is perfectly ok, and I wouldn't marry someone without living with him first, but I am not ok with having sex without emotion. You can care about someone without marrying them, and to me, sex with that person is fine. Others are ok with casual sex, and that's fine for them. Some people want to wait until marriage, and thats fine for them, too. I don't think anyone should worry about someone else's set of rules. We should do what we feel is right for ourselves.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:21 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Anyone see the eldest Dugger's wedding? Yikes!

No, what happened?
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:22 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I was taught to drive the car before you buy it.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:25 PM on Nov. 15, 2010