Are you as in too christmas this year as you were in the past?

I just cannot find myself getting into it this year..I just think it's become to dang commercialized and usually the gift you gave ends up not cared for anyways...it's a complete waste of money I think!

chica679

Asked by chica679 at 1:13 PM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Holidays

• More than in years past, and I did not think that was possible.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 1:14 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Yep, I've always hated Christmas... I hate it just as much this year as I always have.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:16 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• No...I'm moving to a different state the weekend before and I'm too stressed to really even think about it.
    Anonymous

• not yet..because i'm broke. I have my son's bday coming up and i know he is expecting a lot and i dont know how thats gonna turn out so i'm freaking out about that. ...and im just clueless about christmas
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 1:17 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I have never been into Xmas. It drives me nuts that the "holiday season" starts as early as August now. How can you get excited about one upcoming day when you're constantly surrounded by it for months? By the time Xmas finally comes, I am just so happy to have it over with!
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:17 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Moreso! it is my baby's first X-mas!
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 1:23 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• yes I am excited about Christmas. And its not about the presents.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 1:25 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• More so this year than ever. I have a wonderful fiance' and we just got permanent custody of his 2 young boys. I have always been a christmas fanatic but I am more this year which I never thought could be possible. Don't look at the commercialism of the holiday look into your heart and bring to the holiday what's important to you..such as traditions and memory making...the holiday isn't just about gifts it's the whole season. I have always felt a sense of anticipation in the air. Yes I may be romanticizing it but I feel it and believe in it and I know that all things are possible. Life and all that it is, is based on how we percieve it to be. I sooo hope you change your mind and that you have a wonderful christmas.
    LoriannMc

Answer by LoriannMc at 1:25 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Since it's the middle of November, I'd have to say I'm as 'into' Christmas today as I was this time last year: not at all.

I hate the way Christmas has turned into a late-summer/early fall until the end of time celebration and excuse to overshop, overeat, overdrink and overguilt ...

When it was a day, with a week's worth of preparation, it was a festival worthy of a whole day. Now it's a 3 months production number that takes three weeks to execute. And it needs to be executed.

The houses across the street from mine have their lights up --and on-- and one of them has had their tree up, decorated and lit, since the 1st. The malls are already decorated, and so are some of the pubs and restaurants. I want to hide in a Muslim country for the rest of the month.

I LOVE Christmas --it's my favorite season. But it's starting to feel like trying to hold back the tide, just to confine it to DECEMBER, which it is at the END of! < : (
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 1:32 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I love Christmas, We celebrate the true meaning of it... Our Lord and Saviors Birthday... We have a family dinner on Christmas day. We tell the story of Christmas to our little ones. We don't celebrate for the gifts or the whole Santa Claus thing... We don't teach our children to believe in Non-Sense and Lies.
    LuLuMama_4Jesus

Answer by LuLuMama_4Jesus at 1:44 PM on Nov. 15, 2010