My new boyfriend of four months whom ive known for more than 2 years seems to be so afraid of my EX that he doesnt even want to go out with my 4 year old son and me, what should i make of this?

I feel as if he sometimes doesnt want to believe that I have a son. he asks about him and all but when it comes to doing activities even a 30 minute ice cream outing he refuses or changes the subject, could it be that he isnt interested in my son, only me taking care of his needs more?? (he has had a past argumentative conflicts with my Ex who is very difficult)
need advice please help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:32 PM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• Wow...what's the attraction to this youngster?

Perhaps, when you select your next beau, you could spend some more time being careful to pick someone adult and mature who is capable of understanding the needs of children and maybe not putting his momentary preferences first 100% of the time. They do exist and not all of them are 82.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 1:35 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Oh, I would be careful with this guy. YOu can't just stop your life because of one person. In this case, that person is your EX
    Mindy8210

Answer by Mindy8210 at 1:41 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Maybe your new bf dont want to get attach to your son because he wants to keep all the drama down with the bio father...when a man decides to date a woman with a child he has to accept the child as well as the mother...the both of yall are a package deal. Another thing to is that its too soon for your BF to be meeting your son. I understand what you are saying as for wanting to have someone around but what I did was invited the person to meet me there so it wont seem as though we are an item. I dont want to confuse my daughter at all she has a father that is very active in her life...but take a step back from your BF...let him come to you with the ideas about meeting your son...if a month has went by and he never brought it up then drop that man because he only wants SEX from you. Thats comes from experience. I KNOW....MY CHILD FATHER TAUGHT ME THAT.
    mom42107

Answer by mom42107 at 1:53 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• He doesn't want to get that deep. He has no intention to be a step-fahter to your kid.
    rain408

Answer by rain408 at 1:57 PM on Nov. 15, 2010