I keep thinking about having an affair!

There is a married man I work with that emails me. He tells me I'm hot and sexy. I am very attracted to him. I love my SO dearly and I wouldn't leave him but I do think about having an affair with this man.
We had an emotional affair when I was single but it never lead to anything. He's married and has two kids. I think about having an affair with him even though I know it's wrong and I don't have any reason to want to cheat on my SO. What the hell is wrong with me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:04 PM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Relationships

• you're not a whore. those a-holes who post anonymously obviously need more attention themselves. i applaud you for recognizing your feelings and seeking support. sometimes we just need to hear the things we already know from the mouth of other people for reinforcement. i fantasize about orlando bloom but i would never jeopardize my marriage. my husband's pretty hot too. : )
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 4:30 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• You need to snap out of it. How would you feel if your husband was thinking of doing this? Maybe you should talk to your husband about why he hasn't been calling you sexy lately...that is the only reason why you want to have an affair. This guy is complimenting you and you seem to have ensecurity issues but it should never be a reason to ruin your marriage.
    nora17

Answer by nora17 at 4:10 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• nothings wrong with u.. its normal to feel this way. when a man gives a chick attention it gets to them!! Its ur job to not cheat though. maybe u should talk to the man and tell him u are happy with ur husband and u dont want to cheat.. if u let him keep doin this ur more likely to cheat..
    go home to ur husband and try something new in bed too. maybe that will help u..
    Anonymous

• I would feel horrible if my SO felt the way I do. The attraction I feel with this man is so intense. I know it's wrong and I don't want to break up their home life or get in the middle. Honestly, I don't know how to resist. He's so sexy. I think if he offered to meet me some where I would. I would.
    Anonymous

• Can you imagine what it would feel like if your S?O did this to you? What if your S/O was telling some woman how incredibly hot she was. Would you be okay with that?? Don't consider getting involved with this guy. It's a bad idea! He's obviously has no respect for his wife & isn't considering what it would do to his children. In the end all you will be is someone who got involved with a married man. If your going to be involved with someone you need to make sure that he does MORE then tell you how hot you are. This guy needs to be a man & tell his wife that he wants a divorce before he gets someone else involved. What's worse is that he knows that your not single anymore which means he doesn't have much respect for you either by the way it sounds. Don't consider it....Your better than that or you would have already done it!
    onespecialmom

Answer by onespecialmom at 4:17 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Every time that thought comes into your head, replace it with a thought of how wonderful your husband is. Tell the man to stop e-mailing you, chage your address, or at the very least, stop opening them. The very fact that he is chasing after you, a married woman, and that he is a married man, tells me that he is not someone worth the risk that you would be taking. I wonder how many other women he is chasing at the same time he's hot after you. Put the thoughts of the bum out of your head, and instead, concentrate on the man who really loves you.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:18 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• you're flattered by the attention and the excitement. the best part about fantasies is keeping them fantasy. knock it off before you do something stupid. the guy's obviously a pig. you might want to try some role-playing with your husband or initiate some flirting and dating with him if you need more attention.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 4:21 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• YOU DIRTL LITTLE WHORE.......
    Anonymous

• YOURE A TRAMP
    Anonymous

• To the one that called me a whore... I should fuck your husband...
    Anonymous