What can I do to give my daughter more attention?

My daughter is 4 and my son is 2months i feel that sometimes she feels like she isnt getting enough attention.

jazmya_mom

Asked by jazmya_mom at 1:46 PM on Nov. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• Keep her involved in what you do with the baby :D She will enjoy feeling like a big girl and you can give your daughter more attention without neglecting your son :D
    butterflymama23

Answer by butterflymama23 at 2:45 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Yeah dedicate a day just for the two of you on a regular basis.

Answer by older at 1:49 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• that's how i felt about my dd when i had my ds...now every night after the baby goes to be dh and i will play the wii with her or draw, color or just read with her, also every weekend we have a day together while dh spends the day with the baby
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:50 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Have someone keep the baby and have a "mommy/daughter" day! =)
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:48 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I have Mommy and me time set aside for my girls.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 1:48 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I only get DD every other friday from 4-8pm and the opposite weeks friday at4:30 until sunday at 7. (custody battle) I try my best to give her the attention she needs. her dad removed her from the school i had her in and now she only goes half day and im at school during that time i feel helpless or tht im letting her down
    jazmya_mom

Comment by jazmya_mom (original poster) at 1:55 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Oh, please do not do 'no baby' time... unless you think it's a good idea to indicate to your daughter that in your opinion your son is disposable, in the way and it is not possible to love more than one person at a time.

Eye contact. You can watch her eyes while she's busy doing whatever it is she's doing, so that when she looks up she sees you watching her. You don't have to smile or say anything --just watching her eyes so that very often when she looks up, you're looking at her.

Your daughter needs your attention continuously, not once a week, for the same reason you can't feed her on Saturdays only. Mommy-girl time can't make up for all the attention she's lacking the rest of the day anymore than being sat in front of a huge buffet for 20 minutes can make up for no food since the same time yesterday.

Hug her lots, especially with the baby in your arms. Bathe with them both. She hasn't stopped needing physical affection.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 1:53 PM on Nov. 15, 2010