How do I make homework and learning more fun for my first grader ?

She just turned 6 years old and the long days and lot's of homework has been kind of overwhelming . Can I make homework time fun ?

mommeluvs2

Asked by mommeluvs2 at 1:55 PM on Nov. 15, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• being alongside her to do an example that the homework is doable. Young kids need both parental dedication and direction. Plus, this promotes good study habits when your daughter gets older and can concentrate on her own.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 2:02 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• There are all kinds of reading and math etc type games online, also go to the parent teacher store, there are SO many great aids there.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 2:17 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• It always helped my kids when I turned the lesson into a song. It also helps them remember.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 7:29 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• give her incentives to get good grades so that will encourage her to get excited about homework. a new bicycle,toy,treat to chuck e cheese etc.
    maya123

Answer by maya123 at 4:04 AM on Nov. 20, 2010