What is the CafeMom Encyclopedia?

What foods should I avoid while pregnant?

Asked by PURPULbutterfly at 1:56 PM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Sushi any thing that gives heartburn which I had :( Spicy food

Answer by Truelove77 at 1:58 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• pop all that suger and caffine isn't good for a growing baby yogurt is one of the best things u can eat early on

Answer by nandy90 at 2:04 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Sushi, processed meats, unpasturized cheeses and milk -Feta, and Bleu included- , rare beef, raw hotdogs and deli meat --read up on Listeriosis- and unwashed fruits and vegetables.

Answer by gabrielle_x at 3:20 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Any type of fish
    Raw meat/ or unpasteurized dairy (it's a given I know)
    Fried foods (they won't do your heartburn any good)
    Last for me was anything that was highly processed

Try to eat fresh fruits and veggies, whole grains, yogart, drink plenty of water and I know it sounds really strange but if your sick to your stomach you might try chocolate milk.

Answer by 2murphyboys at 3:36 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• No raw meat of any kind, even fish. Spicy food, it gives you terrible heartburn. Deli meats.

Answer by Mme.Langley at 12:11 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Some fish, you can find out from your doctor which particular ones, hot dogs, bacon and deli meats

Answer by MelSwim7 at 12:15 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• The doctors will tell you to avoid too too much sugar and say no caffeine. I can not have caffeine anyway so that does not bother me. And watch the consumption of protein. And pretty much other than that you can eat what your body tells you. That is what I do.

Answer by courtneyrogers at 12:28 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I eat anything in moderation and avoid nothing. It is obviously a personal decision but one that I am comfortable with.

Answer by Melbornj at 1:31 AM on Dec. 5, 2010