How did you decide if the gender would be known or a surprise?

i chose to know because it was my first child i was very excited ... if and when i have my second i will choose for it to be a surprise .

Luckyme3487

Asked by Luckyme3487 at 2:05 PM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• easy..if we were supposed to know we would have windows built into our tummies!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:07 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• good point.
    Luckyme3487

Comment by Luckyme3487 (original poster) at 2:10 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I figured it would be easier to get through labor without knowing if it was a boy or girl. It just made the time of delivery that much more special to us. There are such few surprises in life and I am glad that I did have 3 of them.
    tony1638

Answer by tony1638 at 2:17 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• had no choice but to be surprised the umbilical cord was between his legs and he has been that surprising ever since and he is 8 lol
    StefInfection

Answer by StefInfection at 2:18 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I knew the first one would be a suprise, just because i wanted to keep it that way, but the second one i would like to know so i can be prepared for it this time :D
    butterflymama23

Answer by butterflymama23 at 2:30 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• My husband wanted to wait to find out and since I was just happy to be preganant we waited.
    bellsandheels

Answer by bellsandheels at 4:20 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• It was a surprise I was pregnant, so I wanted to know! No more surprises for me!! :)
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 7:09 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I never found out offically but, both times I was pregnant I had a dream and was right both times!!! My mother thought I went off the deep end both times but I was right. The first time I told her it was a girl and I showed her all these baby things--all pink--- and she sat me down and said--you are going to be so sad it if is a boy, I said oh no mom its a girl and told her the name, she thought I was nuts.
    Second time---opposite all blue stuff, got rid of all pink stuff, boy name---I went in for the ultrasound and the tech wrote it on a paper and in a sealed envelope fo her---- I didn't look because I already knew from the dream..
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 10:55 AM on Nov. 16, 2010