The other baby mama

my daughter dad has another baby on the way and she has left him for DV and I want to be civil for our kids but I dont want to be her friend like her BFF or anything is that wrong?

jazmya_mom

Asked by jazmya_mom at 2:07 PM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• What is DV? I can understand that you want to be cordial for the sake of the kids but if your daughter dad is no longer with this chick then cancel it because it will not be a good idea even if it is for the sake of the kids. That is the father place and not urs(not trying to be rude)but I was in that position and it turned sour...me and the other chick beefed so hard that it cause crazy problems and we dont even speak to each other. She is arounf my daughter some of the time but I am never around her son like that. I have left that up to the father...and I am stress free.
    mom42107

Answer by mom42107 at 2:14 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• What's a DV?

You don't have to be her friend. Just be nice when ya'll are in the same place. Deal with her when you have to. It's not like your required to call her up for shopping trips. Be the bigger person and if she chooses not to act pleasent then she looks like an idiot...not you.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 2:17 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Domestic Violence. She testified on my behalf in my custody battle with the father. and if he is cionvicted of her DV then it will help my case. All of my DV were dismissed and pled down to.
    jazmya_mom

Comment by jazmya_mom (original poster) at 2:18 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• the DV charges I had on him.
    jazmya_mom

Comment by jazmya_mom (original poster) at 2:19 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Oooook. Now, I understand what you are trying to do. I still believe that you should just keep it to a minimum level. I would have her # stored in my phone but never use it unless its the other siblings birthday. But then again you may need her and she may need you..so this could be a great friendship or a disaster. I would say try it and then see how it goes...but just keep your personal business to yourself and continue to do for your child.
    mom42107

Answer by mom42107 at 3:02 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I think that you should at least be cordial to one another for the sake of the children. But BFF's I don't think so if it happens naturally let it happen.
    msteasha

Answer by msteasha at 4:23 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• You don't have to go into thinking you need to be best friends. Keep things nice and civil. If you want to be better friends with her, then it will develop.
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 4:25 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• You two are in it for a cause and besides, the kids are siblings so you don't have to be her bff but you do have a perm connection and should try to build only on that.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 10:49 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Thanks. she wanted to add me on FB today and decided not to. I have too much informationon there. I want us to be civil but not that she knows all my personal business and stuff b/c if she goes back to him I dont want her telling him all my business.
    jazmya_mom

Comment by jazmya_mom (original poster) at 2:29 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• By all means you don't have to be her friend...
    JazzyJes

Answer by JazzyJes at 10:29 AM on Nov. 18, 2010