What to do when you're sick of your husband?

I don't know what to do anymore. Our situation isn't "normal" by any means. I just feel like I'm done. I don't know.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:08 PM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• Can you go into detail?
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 2:10 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Depends on what's going on hon. If he's a habitual cheater or abuser, throw him out. Other than that, I don't know what advice to give other than to ask if you've tried talking to him.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 2:12 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I would need more details but if your just annoyed by him I would say GET OVER IT...You made a promise and you need to figure out how to make things better. Maybe you all need a vacation? Maybe you all need counsling?

If he's hitting you or cheating...that's a different story but I don't agree with just giving up on marriage because things are peachy keen anymore.
    Anonymous

• Without more information it is hard to give advice. What is "normal" or "not-normal"? If you are comparing your marriage to other marriages you will never be happy. You need to find your "normal" and live it.
    tony1638

Answer by tony1638 at 2:14 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Figure out why I'm dissatisfied with my life and trying to blame it on someone else.

100% of the time, when I'm unhappy with someone else, I have discovered (much to my continued humiliation) that it never, ever has anything at all to do with them and everything to do with me. They continue to be the same people, behaving the same way they ever have (which used to be perfect and lovely and now is suddenly horrible and unbearable) and I've changed my mind, don't want to pretend it's fine anymore and never should have (or always knew I didn't think it was fine but hoped it would go away)...

So, the question is 'what are you sick of yourself about?'

Oh, and just as an aside: no one's situation is 'normal'.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:17 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Explain.
    When I'm sick of my husband it only lasts for a small time period. Sounds like you have more going on.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 2:18 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• i would do what someone before said take an evalutation on the entire situation. write things down and sort them out. i know sometimes it can be easy to talk to my husband and sometimes not but what i have learned is whining and drama turn him off completely. men dont do drama. and they dont like you to cry and point the finger. i know sometime i need correcting and sometimes my husband does. for example. the last week or so i didnt like how he was talking to my teen and i asked him why are you being to anal with everything he says does and doesnt do? and he got mad at me and then finally decided to talk to me about it. i guess what i am trying to say is have patience. you have to think about your family and what the effect would be if you are done!!
    cuteness13983

Answer by cuteness13983 at 2:32 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• have you tried communicating with your husband your feelings - and finding out his feelings - is this marriage worth saving? talk to each other - decide the pros and cons - see a marriage counselor ...
    kaysimon132461

Answer by kaysimon132461 at 8:18 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• What the best course of actions is...............

Greatly depends on the underlying reasons as to why you're sick of him and feeling "done" with your relationship.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 8:20 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• we all want to pack it in but in long run we love the other half you know the saying you live with him or live with out ,think before you pack it in
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 11:19 PM on Nov. 15, 2010