my 17 year old daughter could not walk hardly at all for three months, the doctors finally admitted her to the hospital and they found a tumor at first i thought it was in her head but they found it on top left side of her spinal cord. has anyone ever heard of them coming back. it was the scariest thing i have ever been through

drgroves

Asked by drgroves at 12:04 AM on Jul. 5, 2008 in Kids' Health

• www.gerson.org see if they can help they helped my friends with cancer maybe they can help you
    Patience1

Answer by Patience1 at 12:08 AM on Jul. 5, 2008

• it can come back, they all can, but it doesn't mean it will. its too long to put on here the whole story, but we had a similiar situation wiht an aunt and its been almost 15 years and still no tumors.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 2:41 AM on Jul. 5, 2008

• My thoughts and prayers are with you.
    wilbursdaughter

Answer by wilbursdaughter at 9:54 AM on Jul. 5, 2008

• check out www.csn.org if you want any kind of information about tumors in spinal columns. Along with the www.acs.org the cancer survivor network has discussion groups for survivors and their caregivers for all kinds of cancers. Your doctor should also have some follow up information for you. Be sure to ask the doctor as well. The website has thousands of people all over the country to communicate with and often you get what you can't get from a doctor, who knows this specific case. Like the OP said, tumors may grow back but it doesn't mean they will. Your daughter's case may even be different for some reason known only to the doc. Thankfully, you are coming out of that bad experience and hope is on your horizon!
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 3:40 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• They found a spinal tumor when I was pregnant with my last daughter. They removed and told me there was a small chance it would come back. Same symptoms as your daughter. MRI scans for her lifetime is recommended.
    ny_momof3

Answer by ny_momof3 at 11:58 AM on Oct. 27, 2009