What can be used to relieve heart burn while pregnant?

PURPULbutterfly

Asked by PURPULbutterfly at 2:11 PM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I used Zantac at the recommendation of my doctor. It was the only thing that worked.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:13 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I would suggest Tums, my ob and anyone i spoke too said that was ok to take.
    Erzy

Answer by Erzy at 2:14 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Maalox is often recommended by OB's, as are Tums. As with any medication, speak to your doctor before taking any sort of medication.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 2:12 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• All those suggestions have chemicals in them, I used an all natural heartburn medicine, called Calmacid. I love it and it's not chalky tasting and didn't have to worry about it affecting the development of my baby
    babygirl2008200

Answer by babygirl2008200 at 2:22 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Tums
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:26 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Here are some tips Tums or pepcid is good...

http://heartburn.about.com/cs/treatingheartburn/a/heartburnremedy.htm

Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 2:15 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I had horrible heartburn while I was pregnant. I tried Tums, drinking a glass of milk to neutralize the acid, and Mylanta. All of those were recommended by my OB. I used those for the first two trimesters, but they never helped. By my third trimester, my heartburn was so bad I couldn't sleep, so she prescribed Prilosec or the generic equivalent for me. That worked wonders for the remainder of my pregnancy. As others have said, you should always ask your OB or midwife about it first.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 2:18 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Tums. I had a roll in my purse the entire 9 months!
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 12:00 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Well, it's been a long time since I was pregnant (20 yrs) but I remember drinking Maalox right from the bottle!
    booksandhooks

Answer by booksandhooks at 9:31 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I used TUMS with calcium, and that worked great. I had never had heartburn before and haven't had it since I was pregnant. The first time I had it, I thought I was DYING. The TUMS worked great for me.
    SlightlyPerfect

Answer by SlightlyPerfect at 9:31 AM on Nov. 16, 2010