What is the CafeMom Encyclopedia?

Where was your favorite place to shop for maternity clothes?

I liked motherhood maternity, but it is so expensive! I did alot of just buying regular clothes in extra large.

PURPULbutterfly

Asked by PURPULbutterfly at 2:16 PM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I shopped at Motherhood Maternity as well as a Pea in the Pod. I also found that many styles of regular clothes fit me fine while pregnant, I just purchased a larger size.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 2:17 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I really liked Motherhood Maternity and Old Navy's maternity clothes are sometimes cute too! If you have a once upon a child or kid to kid store in your area check them out for gently used maternity clothes, a lot of the time they are name brand and are reasonably priced :)
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 2:19 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I HATED Motherhood Maternity (their bras are the worst things ever). I liked Old Navy, Goodwill and Plato's Closet. Most of it wasn't maternity but there is TONS of stuff you can buy that will work. Maternity is not usually my style AT ALL.
    gypsyjewels

Answer by gypsyjewels at 8:58 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I loved motherhood.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 11:59 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Motherhood was too expensive for me - and I wasn't impressed with their bras, except for the sleep bras, they're wonderful! Old Navy had some great stuff too. But most of my maternity stuff came from thrift stores or second-hand stores. There was some great stuff, and I didn't have to feel guilty about spending money on something I won't wear for long.
    Reenieredhead

Answer by Reenieredhead at 1:10 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I did not want to wear maternity at first. Until I tried some really cute jeans that my grandmother got me at a yardsale on. And these things looked brand new and they looked modern. They were cute. They had the lil strap for your belly on them. And I was nervous about that. Till she showed me some of the cutest tops and I looked at the tag and it said these were maternity tops. I shop everywhere for maternity clothes. If they are new and cute, then I want them. You can find them almost anywhere too if you search hard enough.
    courtneyrogers

Answer by courtneyrogers at 12:42 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I mostly went to discount clothing stores or thrift stores for my pants during my second pregnancy because I knew I'd never need them again and was only wearing them for a few months. Shirts, I just made sure to buy shirts that can be worn when pregnant and after pregnancy.. Like those with a looser midsection and tighter bust.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:01 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Second hand stores, you get almost brain new things for almost nothing..
    Night_walker

Answer by Night_walker at 11:33 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Thrift stores! I want to run away every time I step into Motherhood Maternity and see shirts for $20. I have some wonderful jeans and shirts from thrift stores.
    HeartsCombined

Answer by HeartsCombined at 11:35 AM on Dec. 16, 2010