Christians answer me this..

Why aren't you rallying in the streets to make sure that Buddhists, Athiests, Muslims etc. aren't banned from getting married since apparently 'god' gets all butthurt about gays?

Isn't one of the main reasons gay marriage is so looked down upon by jesus people because their marital credentials -aka, love- aren't recognized under god? Atheists certainly don't believe in getting married in a christian establishment, and tons of them get married on the regular.

gabrielle_x

Asked by gabrielle_x at 2:16 PM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• This is not my opinion, just an answer to your question. It says in the bible that man shall not lay with man. The word sodamy comes from Sodam and Gomora and god struck those cities low because men were laying with men. Or somethig like that. I think as long as the couple is a man and a woman, people don't care what religion they are.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 2:19 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Well as a Christian I know how to be accepting of others even if I don't agree with them, it's not about protesting or acting a fool....pray for them..that's all you really can do. I don't push my beliefs on others and I expect the same respect. And love is recognized by God, homosexuality isn't accepted by Him.
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 2:19 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Not all Christians are against gay marriage, for one...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 2:33 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• No bandgeek, this I am aware of. I obviously wouldn't be asking the ones who were for it would I?
    gabrielle_x

Comment by gabrielle_x (original poster) at 2:57 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Josie, I see PLENTY of protests against gay marriage by jesus folk..
    gabrielle_x

Comment by gabrielle_x (original poster) at 2:58 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Well if you're aware of it maybe you should exhibit a bit more tact when referring to our God, rather that talking in offensive manners like "butthurt" and "jesus people". No sense in offending people who would otherwise agree with you.

And, for the record, Muslims worship the God of Abraham, the same God, so most Christians shouldn't/wouldn't have a problem with them marrying.

And to answer your question, speculatively, I would say that while some do believe that homosexuality is a sin, and therefore homosexual marriage, marriage between heterosexuals wouldn't be invalidated for nonbelief. Marriage in itself, to those people, isn't sinful, and its not about the belief of those married, but about the sexuality, since its the sexuality which is deemed sinful by those who object.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 3:07 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• *than talking, excuse me
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 3:08 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Once again bandgeek, I understand that. However, since most christians don't believe in gay marriage based on the fact that it's ungodly to be homosexual, it's also ungodly to have no god. Since atheists have no god, and are therefore sinful, why are their marriages done daily without question!?

if marriage is a "christian" establishment, why are non-christians married?
    gabrielle_x

Comment by gabrielle_x (original poster) at 3:10 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Hostile much? I agree with what Shanna84 said.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 3:53 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Oh Jesus people. That's um.....wow. And Christians are the disrespectful ones. Irony again today!!! See the thing about protesting is it is your right and the right of others and when you get offended, I mean really, what's the point, I just...........blah. Double irony.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 3:57 PM on Nov. 15, 2010