Has anyone else used prilosec while pregnant? My OB said it is safe to use while pregnant i am not to sure. I know i should trust my doctor but i want to make sure my baby is ok!!

lovinmybaby87

Asked by lovinmybaby87 at 2:17 PM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Prilosec, isn't that heartburn medicine, I wouldn't I used Calmacid, it's all natural
    babygirl2008200

Answer by babygirl2008200 at 2:19 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• It is heartburn medicine i was using tums and a lot of them she said prilosec is better than a bottle of tums a day.
    lovinmybaby87

Comment by lovinmybaby87 (original poster) at 2:20 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I would personally try to get through it without using any OTC drugs. This is just my personal choice but if you are really needing something then I would follow Dr's advice. Maybe contact a natural health person and see what they suggest. They have some interesting natural remedies that include no drugs.
    tony1638

Answer by tony1638 at 2:21 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I have acid reflex disease so nothing works but prilosec i have tried everything you could imagine in the last 3 years and prilosec is the one and only thing that works. I stopped taking it when i found out i was pregnant and was really sick because of all the acid in my stomach i ended up loosing 20lbs i thought it was morning sickness all day but after she told me i could take my prilosec it all went away and i could eat again.
    lovinmybaby87

Comment by lovinmybaby87 (original poster) at 2:25 PM on Nov. 15, 2010