I am NOT judging you! food stamp question

Please feel free to answer anon... I'm looking for a basic dollar amount that a person on food stamps gets to feed one person, two people, up to five people.

For a project I'm working on for my blog. NO JUDGMENT, and please, no belittling the people that answer!

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 2:20 PM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Money & Work

• were feeding 4 people and we get 280/month
    TiffanieAnn

Answer by TiffanieAnn at 2:24 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• as far as I know in our state its 303 for 2people and almost 4oo for a family of 3
    jazmya_mom

Answer by jazmya_mom at 2:24 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• It varies a lot, here. I know a family of 4 who got somewhere around $600, but I'm pretty sure they were cheating the system. I know a family of 6 who got around $900 a month, but only one member of the household was working full-time while the other was taking GED classes and working part time. We were a family of 3 and got about $200 the first time we had them, but near $500 when I had to sign up again because I was hardly getting 15 hours a week at a minimum wage job (my husband lost his and was looking) and I literally wasn't making enough money to even cover our few bills. I know a few people who tried to sign up, who were disabled from work or retired or something, and they could only get about $15 a month for one or two people. I knew two people in college who got about $150 each a month. It really varies a lot around here.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 2:39 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• you can look this stuff up online you know. they have charts .
    Anonymous

_______________________
    the charts only show maximums.
    lovinangels

Comment by lovinangels (original poster) at 3:08 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• just trying to help. thanks for the vote down. nice.
    Anonymous

• Family of 3, $230 a month. It's a huge help for us.
    Anonymous

• family of 4...we get $381. when i was in college and married to another college student with one child (family of 3) we got $423. it matters much more how much the income per person in the family is than the actual family size...my sis gets a little over $600/mo in ssi and she gets about $120.
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 10:30 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• The amount varies by state I was told but I got 295 for 2 people and they factor in your pay also. Now that I get unemployment (which is more than I got paid ) Now I get 320 I didn't get an explanation why when I went to the office to ask .
    waitin4u

Answer by waitin4u at 11:25 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• My friends family of 5 gets 475 a month (2 adults one working 3 kids 2 getting CS)
    My other friends family of 3 gets 280 (single 2 kids-working)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Nov. 16, 2010