What is your favorite childhood memory?

And why?

butterflymama23

Asked by butterflymama23 at 2:22 PM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I spent a lot of time living with my maternal grandparents growing up. My Nana wasn't one for cooking and she was a night owl, so weekends were pretty much me and my Papaw on our own till the afternoons. Sunday mornings, I remember getting up with him and watching him drink his coffee while we read the paper together (him the business section, me the comics), shave and such, then we'd go to a local diner for these huge Belgian waffles loaded with fresh strawberries. I could never finish mine, but he never got mad at me over it.

Come to think of it, I can't remember a time in my life he ever got mad at me... even when I dug up his garden or slowed down road trips having to pee every 30 miles....

Man, I miss him.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 2:26 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Family get togethers... Since both of my parents have passed my sisters and I don't ever get together. Not even a phone call...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 2:34 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I grew up with my maternial grandmother my mom would drop me off every morning when she would go to work. We would hang out and clean, sew go to the local grocery store. She was the best. I miss her everyday.
    becbec71705

Answer by becbec71705 at 2:34 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Being tucked into bed so tightly I could hardly move. Something about it made me feel so warm & safe.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 2:46 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Going to see "Mary Poppins" at the movies with my cousin on her birthday. We lived in the city and she lived in the country so we didn't get together very often. My uncle drove us to the movies and dropped us off. We were nine years old and felt very grown up going to the movies by ourselves (wouldn't happen nowadays!).
    clockwatcher

Answer by clockwatcher at 8:35 PM on Nov. 15, 2010