Did you buy Maternity Clothes?

Or did you just buy sweat pants or leggings and wear big shirts?

I did a little of both I wasnt going to out and buy a whole wardrobe of Maternity Clothes

Truelove77

Asked by Truelove77 at 2:26 PM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• with both pregnancies i did buy maternity clothes but not enought to fill my closet with, with my first i got a pair of pants a skirt and tops since was summer. during my secong pregnancy i bought a knitted sweater and a dress, i kept all the other clothes so i was good.
    sodapple

Answer by sodapple at 2:22 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• with my first 3 i didn't i was still able to wear the clothes i had, and with my 4th i wore dresses more than i did pants, and i would also wear my husband's sweat pants every once in a while
    ajlaela

Answer by ajlaela at 2:30 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I had a few maternity items (a couple of pairs of pants, and two tank tops that said something about being pregnant), but mostly I just bought one size larger for shirts, mostly baby doll, and then continued to wear them long after I'd given birth. I didn't see the point in spending a bunch of money on maternity clothes, when I was only going to be wearing them for a few months. A few friends gave me some of their maternity clothes, but like me, most of them had just bought roomier shirts. The button up maternity shirts, and the wrap tops, came in really handy when I was breastfeeding, as well. I could just undo the top a little, then unsnap my bra or tank top and feed my daughter without anyone really noticing.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 2:31 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Yes I did. When I no longer fit into my clothing well, I bought my first pair of pregnancy jeans and LOVED THEM! And, for me, the maternity clothes I found were very cute and fit very well.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 3:12 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• no i lost weight when i was pregant... but i did have some clothes that was passed down and bought for me... but i was once told that it's not really worth spending money on clothes your only going to wear a few months.... so i didn't and these day you can they make shirts lose around the tummy area.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 3:58 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Yes. I loved getting new clothes, and they made me look good and feel good. I didn't gain a whole lot of weight, so I guess it wasn't really necessary but it was a nice pick me up on those days I wasn't feeling great to go pick out a new shirt or something.

Answer by missanc at 6:57 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Yes, I did. I do not wear sweatpants when not pregnant, so why would I wear them just b/c I am pregnant. I wore stylish clothes b/c I wanted to still look good.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 4:27 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Yes, i bought quite a few new clothes but now they are getting a bit tight!
    MamaMindx

Answer by MamaMindx at 7:16 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Yes if you consider sweat pants and t-shirts maternity wear lol. Other than that I think I purchased one maternity shirt 8yrs ago with my first, with all the rest no.
    BreakingTheCycl

Answer by BreakingTheCycl at 8:02 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I bought a couple of items that I could combine with other stuff. And I shopped the maternity section at the second-hand and thrift stores. I found a nice pair of maternity jeans, and a pair of khakis. I'm a teacher and had to have "professional dress". I also found a nice maternity suit. And I had a workout suit for casual stuff.
    Reenieredhead

Answer by Reenieredhead at 8:30 PM on Nov. 15, 2010