Is it normal....?

I have a three old DD, who LOVES her jammies. (footies) She will not get dressed if we are not going anywhere.....even if we do it takes forever for her to get dressed. So I just let her wear them all day. Is that Normal? And is it bad laziness, cause I don't dress her for the day? JUST YOUR OPIONS!!!

racingmomma

Asked by racingmomma at 4:11 PM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Let her go with what she's comfy in, I say. My 5 y/o still loves her footies. If you just want her in something fresh every morning, then get her some for daytime wear. On Saturday mornings sometimes my LO gets dressed in her jammies for the day, lol.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 4:15 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Yes, Normal. We have pajama days around here once in a while. If we aren't going anywhere we are all just comfy in our pajamas all day long. I don't think its lazy, just having a mellow day at home. Have some comfort food and hot cocoa too!
    oregonmom22

Answer by oregonmom22 at 4:19 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Oh this is every day though. I have tried just a one day a month, but she loves her jammies. I feel I should be getting her dressed every day. lol
    racingmomma

Answer by racingmomma at 4:21 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• pre-school is just around the corner for her. Start getting her into a routine now. Otherwise, you'll be cursing yourself later for setting a bad standard. Once in a while is a necessity. Everyone has pj days, but everyday is setting you and her up for failure with a future, important school routine.
    pinkjeannie311

Answer by pinkjeannie311 at 5:34 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• i would let her do it on the weekends. Start out by letting her pick her clothes out the night before so she KNOWS she has to wear them the next day. IDK>>> JMO.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 8:11 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Have you seen the movie Daddy daycare? There is a little boy in it that has this costume on forever and his mom says he wont take it off. I think if you dont make a big deal about it your child will eventually get over it.
    e27jackel

Answer by e27jackel at 9:21 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• My daughter has pj day on Sunday. None of us get dressed unless we are going somewhere. LOL Its our LAZY DAY!!! But, throughout the rest of the week, we have "Busy Days". It works for us.
    SLCMOMMY

Answer by SLCMOMMY at 11:09 PM on Nov. 3, 2008