WEIGHT LOSS...

Hi Ladies,
I recenlty gained about 5 lbs, and I'm having a HARD time losing it. Not to mention the fact that I would like to lose an extra 15lbs anyway. I'm on my 3rd week of Jillian Michael's 30 day shred, but I'm not really noticing a difference. I'm drinking tons of water, and eating better than I normally do as well. Does anyone have any tips? Workout videos/techniques that have worked for you?

Thanks in advance!

mommy2joeynabby

Asked by mommy2joeynabby at 2:43 PM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Okay....a few things..
    1.) Do you know your BMR? How many calories are you eating per day?
    2.) You have to burn 3500 calories per week to lose 1 lb of fat. That is a 500 calorie daily deficit.
    3.) Muscle does NOT weigh more than fat...it is denser and takes up less space. If you have 1 lb of fat and 1 lb of muscle- they both weigh 1 lb...the muscle is just smaller as it is more compact.
    4.) Take your measurements.
    5.) I've lost 57 lbs in 9 months by calorie counting, working out intensely 6 days per week, and a few other things. I've gone from 167 lbs at 5'`1" to 110 lbs and a size 0.
    6.) PM me if you want tips..also come check out the Healthy Weight Loss group.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 9:18 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Are you taking any measurements other than weight?

You may currently be gaining muscle at the same rate you're losing fat, so you can't tell with a scale. If your clothes are fitting more loosely, this is certainly the reason (muscle weighs more than fat for the same volume of space it takes up, so you shrink but don't lose pounds)...

If you have been under-muscled for a long time, you may not lose any weight at all --but become slim, super-toned and fit instead.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:47 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Don't go by what the scale tells you, remember muscle weighs more than fat. I prefer to use clothes as weight loss indicator. That and how you feel. My hubby has been doing X-fit for about 2 mths now, he lost some weight at first but hasn't lost any weight in the past month. However, when he started his jeans were 40" waist. He now has to wear a belt to hold up 38's. We haven't gone out to by 36's, which he hasn't worn in close to 10 years.
    SMRagan

Answer by SMRagan at 2:51 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Have you heard of the 90 Day Body By Vi Challenge? That's what my husband and I are doing and he has lost 5lbs his first week, our friend lost 12lbs his first 2 weeks and cut his diabetic meds in HALF. It really does work and it's so easy!!

*Plus if you just refer 3 people to also do the challenge then yours is FREE

ChristinaAtHome

Answer by ChristinaAtHome at 4:17 PM on Nov. 15, 2010