Did i have a miscarriage??

so monday i took a pregnancy test and it was positive, i was about 4 weeks or so a couple days after i took the test i started bleeding, at first it just kinda startedd when i was in the shower i got a little worried but it seemed to stop, that night i had a tampon in and took a two hour nap when i woke up my pants were covered in blood and when i went to the bathroom i had this large clot come out.. what happened? was it a miscarriage? how long till i can ttc again?? im just very upset about all this any answers will help, Thanks Ps: a couple days before i took the pregnancy test i had taken A LOT of xanax.( i didnt know i was pregnant or i wouldn't have) could that have caused miscarriage.

saracopeland101

Asked by saracopeland101 at 2:46 PM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Sounds like you did. You will need to go to the doctor and be checked to make sure 1. That it is/was a miscarriage and 2. That everything passed. Women tend to be a bit more fertile folowing a miscarriage so you should be able to try again as soon as you are ready. It is soo hard to say what caused it specifically. Could have been the meds, could have been low progesterone, or simply that something went wrong with the pregnancy itself. Hope you get this figured out, but know that you might still have a viable pregnancy. The baby may still be there so definitely get checked ASAP. Hugs!!
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 2:53 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• how could the pregnancy still be viable??
    saracopeland101

Comment by saracopeland101 (original poster) at 3:04 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• sara, it's unlikely that anyone one cafemom can tell you that your local hospital can't. I'd go to the ER ASAP, they'll tell you. I had a miscarraige at home from a known pregnancy, let the pregnancy pass, and then about a month later had a large clump of rotted tissue come out of me from an incomplete miscarraige! Now I've got PID. Awesome.
    gabrielle_x

Answer by gabrielle_x at 3:18 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Trust me, if you had a miscarriage you would KNOW! At least when I had one it felt as if I had been stabbed with a knife and ripped open. :( But then again, I could have been further than you also.

DEFINATELY go to the hospital right away (you should have gone then losing that much blood) and ge checked out.

It is important for your health as well as the health of the baby if you are still pregnant by some miracle.

Good luck! Keep us updated?
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 4:45 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• "how could the pregnancy still be viable?? "

Because SHIT HAPPENS, lol. Our bodies are strange and sometimes, beyond all that happens to us... we perform miracles! :)
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 4:46 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

The bleeding could have come from a placental abruption (where the placenta detaches from the uterine wall) that fixed itself. (It re-attached to the uterus and all is well) There's really no telling until you get tested for sure.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:55 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Call your doctor. They can let you know. If you did have a misscage then you want to go to your doctor
    to sure everything came out. Im sorry for your loss
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 10:11 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Definitely go to the doctor, for a actual answer. However if its a miscarriage you might have some pain. Sometimes you can also come on your period while your pregnant. To be safe just go and see your doctor. ASAP
    sugarfoot

Answer by sugarfoot at 10:53 AM on Nov. 16, 2010