Does Your Toddler HATE Getting his Hair Cut?

My almost 3 yo hates it. Most of the time he cries through the whole thing. I've tried various stylists, lately I have been taking him to one that has videos, special chairs (airplanes, etc.), toys - and he still cries. He talks about getting it done, and is happy until they start cutting. Once we're done he's back to his normal happy self.

My SIL said her son was the same way, and he just eventually outgrew it when he was around 4.

Scuba

Asked by Scuba at 3:05 PM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My Son is nearly 3 1/2 and has always hated getting His hair cut. I hope He outgrows it soon, cause it is no fun having a screaming Kiddo fighting you the whole time you're trying to make Him look less shaggy. lol.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 3:36 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• He's only had 1 (due for another) but he did okay. He just didn't like sititng still for the most part, and the buzzing of the clippers by his ears kind of annoyed him but who can blame him?
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 3:10 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• My son sobbed so much when they cut his hair da first time that I decided we weren't cutting it again til he's ok w it. Besides he has da cutest curls n I think boys w long hair r cuter
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 3:17 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• One of mine hated it cryed and moved so much it looked horrible,I started cutting it myself I can do a crooked job Myself why pay for one
    HE DID OUT GROW IT AND NOW GOES AND GETS IT DONE
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 3:28 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• yea..he hates it and never sit's still
    gracelessstar21

Answer by gracelessstar21 at 3:37 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Mine all hated it at that age so I think its normal.
    Iamasinglemom99

Answer by Iamasinglemom99 at 6:29 PM on Nov. 15, 2010