Need some romantic ideas to do in winter time?

I want to take my husband and get away without the kids. Just have the day and night to ourselves. I need some ideas of what to do when it is cold out. I would love to take him out by a quiet pond but now it is freezing and snowing:(

Thinking maybe a hotel but not sure.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:17 PM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• What a good idea, I miss my and SO having alone time.
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 3:22 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• In Norway, they say "there is no bad weather, only bad clothing."

I think that whatever you do that is quiet, peaceful and together will be romantic. When our kids were older (and much younger than they are now) I gave dh a going-away package for Christmas. We took the train (which we'd never done before) to a small city nearby (like 100 miles away), and stayed in a resort hotel. We walked on the beach in the driving rain, with the surf pounding in utter solitude on a Tuesday morning in January. It is one of our favourite memories of the trip.

In fact, I have been considering doing it again for this Christmas, since he has holidays until the 16th of January next year...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 3:23 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I'm not sure where you're from, but what about renting a cabin instead of a hotel. A few places in our area offer cabins with fireplaces and beautiful scenic views. I'm sure you could occupy yourselves in a cabin for a night. ;)
    mama2br00ke

Answer by mama2br00ke at 4:48 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• What types of things does your husband find "romantic"?

What he finds "romantic" would really play a part in what would be good suggestions.

pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 6:51 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• ice skating... hot tubbing... not sure if your guy is a romantic type (I would say most aren't) so unless you know he would like or be open to something like walking around a pond... I would do something simple like go to the hotel
    CariBou11

Answer by CariBou11 at 12:18 AM on Nov. 16, 2010