Do you have a friend who CONSTANTLY complains, whines, cries, bitches, pisses and moans about EVERYTHING?! adult content

One who makes you want to slap the piss out of her, kick her out of your life and move on?

The only reason I don't is because she really is a good friend. But DAMN if she doesn't irk the SHIT out of me!

And always wanting everyone else to do things FOR her. ARGH!

Sorry for the tangent, lol... am I the only one with a "friend" or aquaintence like that? :(

Asked by Anonymous at 3:24 PM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• You're definitely not alone on this one. I have a friend who is a constant downer. Every phone conversation she talks on and on about how horrible her life is. Mostly about money...she works about 12 hours a week and her husband is unemployed because he has major attitude at all of his jobs, so he gets fired. It's hard to try to bring her up when most of the reasons that she is down is obvious, but she doesn't want to face them.

Answer by mama2br00ke at 4:46 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I used to have a friend like that. when all you hear is negative downer crap, it's hard to want to be around them. We have went our seperate ways.

and part of being a good friend is also bringing the other person up. when they do nothing but bring you down, they have outlived their 'good friend' status.

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:26 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• No you're not the only one. It's actually quite sad.. I've had to distance myself from this friend and it really makes me sad. But toxic friendships are UNHEALTHY!

Answer by mz_erica03 at 3:32 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Oh no, you're not the only one.. Haha. I have a friend like that as well.. Just a miserable person but hey, what can ya do? Some people enjoy misery, lol..

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 3:26 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• YES! I could have written the exact thing! I got pretty upset with her for all of it then using me as a dumping ground for her kid and have not spoken to her in almost 2 weeks...sadly I am not too sure I even miss it

Answer by rebeccadac at 3:42 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• YES. =( The only reason I keep mine around is because we've been friends since we were kids. She's more like an annoying relative now. lol

• I think everyone has a friend like that and everyone can be a friend like that. I soo understand what you're saying.

Answer by bellsandheels at 4:15 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Unless I have to interact with this person, I avoid her. I've dumped toxic friends before cuz it was just bringing me down!

Answer by michelle121003 at 4:18 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I've even tried to explain to this friend that they are NEVER happy and that just fielded the fire. And without me saying it negatively. I just kept saying over and over again that they need to be positive and think positively in life. :(

I honestly want to shut them out of my life and get it over with, but I love her to death as a person (minus this) and would hate to do so.

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:40 PM on Nov. 15, 2010