How do I get him to wear his underwear without going to the bathroom in them!? adult content

Took away 3 y/o sons diapers bc he was going on the potty.. He was already wearing underwear just around the house or would run commando around the house and wear diapers out. But now I took the diapers to try and get him wearing his underwear all the time.. I explained to him you cannot potty in your underwears just tell Mommy and I can help him if he needs its.. But now when we go out he pees in his underwear I guess because he is just used to diapers after so long.. How can I get him into wearing underwear all the time, I have already bought new ones for him with characters he likes, which helped a little..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:25 PM on Nov. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• I had the same issue. Finally just let my son go the bathroom in them, eventually they get tired of being wet and having to change pants/underwear throughout the day. For the first few days seemed like I changed him 6-8 times but after about 2 weeks he got tired of it and didn't have any problems.
    SMRagan

Answer by SMRagan at 3:46 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• He's 3 and having accidents. It's normal. Reinforce using the potty and not his underwear.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 3:26 PM on Nov. 15, 2010