Has anyone gotten Mirena removed? How much did it cost?

This thing is driving me crazy!!! Mood swings and acne. I am 24 years old and have never had acne like this. I am always so tired and get upset a stupid little things.

This thing has to go.

If you paid to get it removed how much did it cost? I called my OB today and they said $500. That is crazy. It only takes a minute.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:32 PM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Health

• Wow! Health Ins paid to have mine removed due to pain and cramping that it caused. I loved it when I had it. Didn't have any issues until about year 4, think it is supposed to be removed at year 5 so I think it was fine. I looked into having another one put in but was almost $200 so that didn't happen yet. Luckily haven't gotten pg either, no birth control for about 1 1/2 years.
    SMRagan

Answer by SMRagan at 3:37 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Yeah, with no insurance it is usually around $450-$500. I am sorry you are having so many problems with it. I loved mine and can't wait till I can get the new one in.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 4:40 PM on Nov. 15, 2010