Ovulation, ! girls i need some advise.

Hi girls!
Me and my husband have been trying for are first baby for a month now. this month it dident happen i got my period yesterday. Ive been going by these ovulation calenders, everyone says dont trust them, but i have no other way on figuring out when im ovulating. my period was on the 14th of this month, (yesterday) im a 38 day cycle, i thin. sometimes its a little off. the calender says my next day, is the 8th of december, the best day to have sex. i hope its right! the 8th is also my birthday :) thats very cool. but how good is this calender? i dont wanna have to wait another month.

Shianneryan

Asked by Shianneryan at 3:35 PM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Why not go get an ovulation kids. I heard they work great.
    Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 3:48 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I would try the ovulation kits. You can get them way cheeper on the net than at a drug store. I know I bought 40 OPK's and 10 EPT's for 15 bucks at Amazon.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 3:57 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• A fertility specialist advised my daughter that she and her husband should have sex every other day throughout the month. Then you won't even need to know the date of ovulation. Good ADVICE don't you think?
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 3:59 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Ovulation kits are not that expensive anymore, try one. Also make sure you have sex more than just your anticipated ovulation date to increase your odds. Good luck and happy trying! :)
    bellsandheels

Answer by bellsandheels at 4:14 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• i triedd the kit last month, dident work:/ so i gave up on those.. i guess ill just let everything go its own way.
    Shianneryan

Comment by Shianneryan (original poster) at 6:35 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• You ovulate about halfway through your cycle, so that halfway point try having sex every other day. Seman can live in the body for about 3-5 days. If you have sex every day it does lower the sperm count. Try the OPK again.
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 6:55 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Ovulation kits are not very accurate because they detect LH surge which can sometimes happen even when your not about to ovulate.

Get the book Taking Charge Of Your Fertility. You CAN learn to know how to detect ovulation. Charting CM (cervical mucus) is the BEST way to know when you are ovulating and charting BBT will confirm it.
    Anonymous

• Sex, every other day, after your period ends until your next period starts *nod*
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 5:45 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Have sex each and everyday...it worked for me..
    evakui

Answer by evakui at 6:19 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• The chances of getting pregnant each month are about 30%, so one month of trying is nothing...trust me.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 9:06 AM on Nov. 16, 2010