want n abortion at 18weeks?

is it possible to get one now or is it too late? i cant do this anymore. i thought i lost the baby but turns out im still pregnant.

shan02

Asked by shan02 at 3:35 PM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Too late I think.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:36 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I really don't think so, but more than that, I truly don't think you would want to do that. 18 weeks is halfway through the pregnancy- that is a tiny human life you are carrying, he or she weighs about half a pound. Why don't you carry the baby to full term and give him or her to a loving family through the loving process of adoption?
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 3:39 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• It depends on your state, but I think in most, 18 weeks is too late. Some states do allow it, I THINK. But to be sure, you should called Planned Parenthood, or check with NARAL to make sure. Sorry that you are going through this.
    busyyoungmom

Answer by busyyoungmom at 3:39 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Depends on your state. But in the vast majority, it's too late.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 3:40 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• In some states you can get one up to 24 weeks. However I wouldn't advice it. At this point it's not just a fetus it's a actual child. You can get a ultrasound and find out the sex of the baby, see it's head hands and even it's little heart beat.
    I know your young and scared but I would look into adoption. You would be giving someone the best gift of all.
    Not to mention all of the risks that are involved in abortion. You could wind up with major physical complications on top of the emotional ones. Plus it's not cheap.
    If you need to talk just send me a msg. I was young when I had my first and by the time I was 23 I had 3 so I know what it feels like.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 3:42 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• It's best to get it done by 3months, it can be done up to 7 months. Call your local abortion clinic they can give you a more accurate answer to this.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 3:43 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• It depends on where you live...some places will do it all the way til the 3rd trimester.
    kcush10

Answer by kcush10 at 3:44 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Aww hon,don't do that. You're halfway there already. Give that lil one a chance at life and choose adoption.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:46 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Look up videos of abortions at this stage in the pregnancy and watch ultrasounds of the pain the baby faces when this occurs PLEASE! This idea makes me want to cry. You thought you lost it but come to find out you are still pregnant? That to me sounds like a MIRACLE and I'm not even religious!

I think you should try for adoption IF you don't automatically fall in love when you see your little angel in your arms.

Good luck, but PLEASe research your decision before you make it. Pros and cons.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 3:47 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Please don't do it :-( That baby deserves a life!! If you don't want to take care of the baby or can't...there are SO many people out there who aren't blessed enough to have kids that would love to take that precious baby for you. So please...contact your local pregnancy center and they can help with you the adoption stuff.
    kristinashley24

Answer by kristinashley24 at 3:50 PM on Nov. 15, 2010