Do you think its wrong of me to ask him to help out more?

Before I start if your going to be rude please dont answer.

I am 7 1/2m pregnant with our 3rd child in 3yrs. I'm tired all the time. He works nights so he sleeps all day which means i do everything all day long. Is it wrong for me to make him get up with the kids on the weekends and do more stuff around the house so i can rest?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:17 PM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Relationships

• no. you two should work out a system where you both have equal responsibility and equal rest. and probably discuss now how the baby care situation should be before baby is born and you have problems.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 4:20 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Definitely not wrong. Talk to your husband about waking up during the day before work and giving you a break for a few hours before its time for him to get ready for work. Come up with some kind of schedule you guys can agree on. My husband has started cooking dinner more often to give me a break when he gets home. Its a lot of work looking after two little ones and being pregnant (I am 27 weeks with a 4 yr old and almost 2 year old -- they wear me out!) I wouldn't go in guns blazing, just sit down and tell him you need a little help, you need some rest to keep yourself healthy and sane! :)
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 4:32 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• No he should help out he helped make these kids and he should help you out,he should see that being pregnant makes you exhausted despite the fact that you have the house and two other kids to keep up with,he needs to get up and take care of them and let you have a break.
    geenabelle

Answer by geenabelle at 5:16 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• No you did not get pregnant alone. I understand he works nites and he may be tired. But, you are pregnant and you also be tired. During the week you have the kids and on the weekends he should take turn.
    Godsblessing01

Answer by Godsblessing01 at 5:37 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Most men still have it in there heads that if the wife does not work out side the home ,she is a SAHM..He doesn't have to do house work. Or take care of the kids

Answer by louise2 at 5:49 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• No not at all but good luck with that. just start telling him your to tired to have sex anymore that maybe if he helped you out next time that you can have the energy to have to sex.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 5:57 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• funny melody but we only have sex once a week go figure on a weekend.
    Anonymous

• NO I DON'T THINK IT IS WRONG OF YOU
    sniyah

Answer by sniyah at 8:30 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• No, you're not in the wrong at all. It should be seen as a partnership. My husband works 16 hour days at times and is still willing to help with the kids when he gets home and on weekends. He likes being able to do it because it helps me and with him working so much he doesn't see them as much as he'd like to. Have you talked to your SO about it? Men sometimes don't notice things that we do. Maybe if you communicated about it he would help out more.
    mrswright1170

Answer by mrswright1170 at 11:16 AM on Nov. 4, 2008