what is the point?

There is always someone who wants to get you down and usually out of jealousy! I'm personally not a mean person who gets petty out of jealousy! What is the point of being so jealous that you nit-pick at every little thing a person does? Do you do this? Are you a victim of this? Sorry if you are, b/c it is really annoying, and unnessacary!

PS... you know who you are

JoLee12345

Asked by JoLee12345 at 3:44 PM on Nov. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• I like the posters 'crab bucket' analogy. So... true... Anyway you look at it it is a defect in that person. It's a royal pain to put up with, I know, I'm and have been a victim. Some people are just plain mean and others are thinking they are 'better than others' and I've heard that's because they 'ACTUALLY' have low self esteem. I'm not sure that that is always the case tho. I think some people are JUST FULL OF THEMSELVES LOL You surely aren't alone. There's lots of us who deal w/'THOSE KINDS. No fun, huh?!
    cat4458

Answer by cat4458 at 7:14 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Gay & Kathlyn Henricks call this the Upper Limits problem: people can only tolerate other people's success to the upper limit of what they can tolerate for themselves, and will pull others back down when they get too high.

There is also the Jamaican term 'crab bucket' --when a crab is in a bucket alone, it will just crawl out to freedom, but when even one other crab is in the bucket it doesn't need a lit because they other crabs will pull any escapee back in. People are like that, and the urge to pull others back into the trap is called Crab Bucket.

It's startling to discover how pervasive this is...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 3:51 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Some people are so unhappy with themselves the only was they can feel better is to point out others shortcomings, especially if they are really jealous. Its sad but a fact of life....online or off...just ignore them and feel sorry for them, pray for them , whatever .... BUT DONT LET THEM GET YOU DOWN!!!!!
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 3:54 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I'm not down, but someone reposted an answer I made, and didnt pos the whole thing, just he part they didnt like! really dont get why it was such a big deal, other than jealousy! Oh and I accidently posted anon, I must have hit it, but either way, I meant no harm, and they flew off the handle...LOL I just dont get it :(
    JoLee12345

Comment by JoLee12345 (original poster) at 3:57 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• It amuses me how you assume it is out of jealousy. When in reality you probably don't know the real reason at all.
    Either way, does it really make that big of a difference? Ignore them.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:57 PM on Nov. 15, 2010