Need tips on Christmas decorating......

I have decorated the samw way for years now and want to do some different stuff this year. Any ideas? I like doing unique things.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:47 PM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Holidays

• Im a fan of lots of greenery!
    mohme2three

Answer by mohme2three at 3:48 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I pick a simply Holiday theme/colors to use that yr...
    One yr Dh and I had a white tree with gold/red/green bulbs/lights on it
    all of the arch ways/window decor were all gold/red/green that yr
    This yr it's all about Santa and Winter Animals/Holiday Animals. My blow ups are
    penguins/snowmen/bears and Santa ... I changed out the lights/put up more wreaths...
    Think what you have and take a look around your home... and use your imagination
    don't put something up that you always do or put it somewhere else in the house, at more
    lights or less.. hang stockings in a different spot... go with one solid color or 2 different ones
    from the ones you normally would use... take pics off the walls and wrap as gifts and put back
    (I do that every yr) no matter the size of the pics, I even overlapped an extremely lg one with 2 sm ones
    to give dimension to it...
    Add lights to garland or add another color on top of the green...

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 4:14 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• cont...

cover a window or 2 with holiday door foil ( I am using green and red this yr in corner bay windows)
    I set up 2-3 trees ea yr... maybe put up a smaller one, maybe white with a solid color of lights...
    I don't completely stop decorating until mid December, I am always adding, buying something small or simple
    to add...

Just have fun...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 4:17 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• We've been going to the Thrift Stores and Salvation Army. They have a lot of old but in great condituion stuff for a third of the price. We fould some beautiful wreaths, Christmas lights and cards. We even found some gift that had never been opened for just a few dollars! Check it out...
    Prayerpartner

Answer by Prayerpartner at 7:23 AM on Nov. 16, 2010