Health

My 13 year old daughter gets fever blisters all the time on her mouth, is there something good I can use on it some stuff at the store is expensive. I've never had one, so I wonder why some people get them and some don't.

Momabear455

Asked by Momabear455 at 4:03 PM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Health

• I think your 13yo has herpes. The boring oral kind...

What works is avoiding the triggers: for my daughter it was corn, of all things... but too much acid (sugar, usually, but things like too many oranges or fresh pineapple, too).

There are antivirals that can suppress the breakouts. You have to get a prescription.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 4:08 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I rinse my mouth with hydrogen peroxide. Just make sure she doesnt swallow it. That helps me.
    Anonymous

• I used to get them alot all through out my life and still do. I used to rinse with salt water and put salt straight on the (yes it burns life heck) but it worked for me. I also would eat more even though that i painfull to, because if you eat less with them they grow or stay longer from the acidic juices in your stomach. Also Valtrex works great for them to even though there not an STD
    mommywood13

Answer by mommywood13 at 1:29 AM on Nov. 16, 2010