Don't want to go through this again!

I had Gestational Diabetes and was insulin dependent with my 1st pregnancy. I am 16 weeks with my 2nd and I just had a 1 hour glucose screening. It came back slightly elevated and I now have to have a 3 hour test done. Has anyone had an elevated 1 hour test and then had a normal 3 hour test? I know I will have to have another 1 hour test done at 28 weeks even if this 3 hour test comes back normal. Anyone's experience with this would be appreciated.

blainesmommy03

Asked by blainesmommy03 at 4:20 PM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I did with my 1st child. I had to have the intial 1 hour test..came back for the 3 hour test and was negative for gestational diabetes. GOODLUCK...
    BayandMadsmom

Answer by BayandMadsmom at 4:32 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I had the one hour test and it came out a little high with my first child. I went in for the three hour test and it still came out a little high. For me one out of three was high so I only had to watch what I ate (avoiding too much carbohydrates). I got tested again after my pregnancy, only a blood test, and I was fine in fact my blood sugar was a little too low. I just hope the same doesn't happen with this baby. My doctor told me it's more of a possibility but it doesn't mean it will happen a second time.
    MamaslilAngels2

Answer by MamaslilAngels2 at 4:42 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I had to do the retest. I was very careful and watched what I ate and the 3 hour went ok. I have no idea if my watching what I ate had anything to do with it or not...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:45 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• i heard that this was more of an occasion when the baby is a girl i'd be interested in knowing what the sexes were of the people who had a pos test just basic ya know for curiosity reasons
    smoothiequeen

Answer by smoothiequeen at 4:52 PM on Nov. 3, 2008