• In the Spotlight:

Do you think it's wrong for me to feel differently with this pregnancy?

Okay every child is a gift but I wasn't really expecting this one. I was on the IUD for almost two years and 6 months before I became pregnant I wanted it removed. They refused she told me if I wanted it removed to see another doctor because I got it for free and plenty of women want it and cant afford it. Now Im preggo and this is a very difficult pregnancy for me. Im happy but scared because of the stories Ive heard about babies born with the IUD. What advice can you offer?

BreakingTheCycl

Asked by BreakingTheCycl at 4:22 PM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Wait... you are pregnant and still have the IUD in?!?!
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 4:28 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• well, if you still have an iud while pregnant, then you need to take it out ASAP.
    mghtymffn

Answer by mghtymffn at 6:42 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Ive been to the doctor already it came out but on a couple of forums a few women still had children who had problems due to the fact of when they took it out and a whole lot of other stuff. Being that I was still on the Iud and prego they have put me on bed rest and declared this a high risk pregnancy and also now I have a lot of extra doctors appointments and also can you imagine trying to be on bed rest with a 2 and 3 yr old running around all day. were on schedules but hey nap time don't last forever
    BreakingTheCycl

Comment by BreakingTheCycl (original poster) at 7:50 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Maybe you can have friends and family come over and help you around the house until it is safe
    for you to get out of bed. They can take turns
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 9:54 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Hey guys I have an update..The iud is out but it was a broke one it came apart and that was never supposed to happen. The baby is fine. I feel so much more relieved and happier. Im taking my vitamins and preparing for my final addition. My new doctor says that I may be able to sue but i don't care about that as long as my baby is fine thats all the repayment I ever need.
    BreakingTheCycl

Comment by BreakingTheCycl (original poster) at 7:49 PM on Dec. 15, 2010