Hubby wants another kid, but Im not sure if I do..

We have 1 little girl, about to be 3.. But we're raising my sister to, shes 9.. My daughters finally at the age where I feel like I can finally do something with my life.. Ive raised my sis since she was born, dropped out of school. Now my daughter is a bit older I would like to finally go back to school, I have my GED. I would love to go to school before I even think about having another kid. I just dont feel like it would be wise of me to have another child for atleast 2 or so more years.. And honestly, Im not even sure if I want another one.. I feel like my hands are already so full, then throw in work and school, I just think itd be smarter to wait. BUT.. DH wants another kid, and would like it to start trying so the little ones can be close in age.. Ive told him that Im not sure if I want another child but he I guess thinks Im not serious? Am I being selfish by wanting to wait before having another, if we decide to...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:29 PM on Nov. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• You really need to speak to him regarding this. There is nothing wrong with stopping at technically 2 kids.  Good luck! Tell him how you feel and be honest. 

Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 4:37 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• You need to just straight out tell him. NO, you do not want to have another baby right now. Tell him the reason and when you might want to. If you are the one doing the most care giving to the kids. You have a right to not have more kids right now.

Answer by louise2 at 4:33 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Compromise!
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 10:03 AM on Nov. 16, 2010