Would anyone care to share their good or bad experience with Weight Watchers?

My husband and I are thinking of trying it after the new year.

AliMom714

Asked by AliMom714 at 4:36 PM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I think WW is great. I use it online, have never been to a meeting. It teaches you how to eat really. Portion size is important and making the right choices... getting used to the points system take a little getting used to, but after a while you remember what's what. If you stick to it, it works. Last year I started in January and lost 14 pounds by mid February. Sadly, once Easter hit I started eating like a pig again and, sigh, am back on WW now. What's nice about it is that you eat real food, it teaches you to cook differently, what to order when going out to eat, etc. There's even recipe builders, so you can enter the ingredients of a fav recipe and get the points value. You can eat pizza, chinese food, whatever, as long as you make the right choices (ie, chicken and broccoli not sesame chicken, etc.) control your portions and bank up extra points. I have really had no bad experience with WW at all. GL!
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 4:45 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I did weight watchers a few years ago. It was before the "flex" point system.

I did like it, it was useful and a very realistic program. I honestly half-assed it so I lost maybe 10 lbs in a few months.
    My mom was doing the program well and she lost 25 lbs in about 4 months. She was doing great!
    I do reccomend it but I suggest you be fully committed so you get the most out of your time and money.
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 4:39 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• What is the "flex" point system?
    AliMom714

Comment by AliMom714 (original poster) at 4:43 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• i have done it several times and it is great. but i always fall off the wagon again which is bad on my part. it is easy and hte weight comes off easily if you stick to the plan. GL
    stargazer74

Answer by stargazer74 at 5:58 PM on Nov. 15, 2010