Does anyone else have polycystic ovarian disease?

My husband and I have been wanting to have another child, but I stopped having periods over two years ago, i knew it couldn't be menopause I'm only 29, after several tests I was diagnosed with POD and was told I could only have children with hormone therapy and fertility drugs. Plus my chances are reduced because of my incompetent cervix and history of preemie babies. I couldn't go through losing another baby to prematurity, though one survived and is healthy now, it was a difficult time. What should I do, I feel overwhelmed.... =(

sylvia-ann

Asked by sylvia-ann at 4:20 PM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• I also have PCOS. my dr prescribed me to take prenatal vitamins, metformin, and synthroid. We have been ttc for a year and a half, so far it had not worked until this week we are crossing our fingers that we might be pregnant. You should just keep the faith, it will happen sooner or later, and if it is meant to be.
    Sunflowergirl83

Answer by Sunflowergirl83 at 4:44 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I have PCOS and have always been "irregular" with my periods. I did have two miscarriages but finally at the age of 32, I did have my first healthy boy and 5 1/2 years later was blessed with another healthy boy. It isn't impossible, just tougher for women with PCOS. For me it was Chlomid and a great deal of prayers that helped me achieve my life long dream of being a mom. I wish you the best, and will keep you in my prayers. Good luck!
    hibicent

Answer by hibicent at 9:47 PM on Nov. 3, 2008