How many c-sections can a woman safely have?

I've had two...NOT my choice... and want one more child. How safe is it to keep cutting that same area?

brandyj

Asked by brandyj at 4:52 PM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Health

• it depends on the woman and the doctor. i have had 4 csections and was told i could have atleast one more if i wanted (no, i do not want, my hubby had vasectomy)
    tiffanyv123

Answer by tiffanyv123 at 7:25 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• A woman I know had 4 and it was over 30 years ago. I have also had 2 c-sections and my doctor has never said anything about a number.
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 5:00 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Doctors only recommend three as a max.

Answer by older at 4:53 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Im about to have my third, also will be my last. My husband i have choosen that this will be the last one. My doctor has said nothing about it. But maybe because she knows were done.
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 5:05 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• ive had two and also wasnt told that it would be unsafe for me to have more. but i have 3 kids (first was vaginal) and hubby was fixed after the last so we are done anyway.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:11 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• mommyofAurora... me too. I intend to have them snip the tubes while they're in there if I have another c-section.
    brandyj

Comment by brandyj (original poster) at 5:20 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• It really depends on what kind of cut you get if it's the old fashioned way due to urgency or something then there is a stricter limit but a bikini cut you can have more. And some advice on tubals if you are SURE you don't want anymore then get the permanent type where they burn them after clipping I elected for reversable type when I had my 3rd child (2nd by c-sec) he is now 5, my tubes came undone this year and I'm due in 3 weeks.
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 6:05 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I had three and would have had my tubes tied if not for all the scar tissue that was making it impossible to see one of the tubes. My husband had a vasectomy. I'm done. I would get my tubes tied if we ever got divorced. I don't want to risk another one if there are that many adhesions in me.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 6:35 PM on Nov. 15, 2010