What are your Christmas traditions?

Fuzzynvpeach

Asked by Fuzzynvpeach at 5:15 PM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Holidays

• Christmas eve dinner with my family at my sisters. Candle light service at 9pm. we open our stockings as we wake up but wait until all are up to open gifts. Imminently after we go back to my sisters for breakfast! Then back home to get dressed and go to who evers turn it is to cook dinner!
    chris219

Answer by chris219 at 7:10 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• We put up our Lights the first of October. We put up our Tree the 26th of November. We leave it up until after Valentines day. We give a gift to someone we don't know or do a random act of kindness. If we hear of a single mom with children, we get together and do a Christmas basket for them. We also go caroling to the Nursing Homes and to the elderly we know who are alone. We get our Christmas cards out by Dec 1st so family & friends have some time to enjoy them. We also take a drive up to the higher mountain so our Saint Benard can run in the snow. She just loves it. Then we go to the soup shack and treat ourselves to a big bowl of homemade soup/bread and coco as we watch the warm fire. Then on Christmas day we drive up to the Discovery Ski Resort. We get hot coco and go sit outside to watch the families skiing. Its a lot of fun. Come join us and we'll make snow angels and have a few snowball fights! LOL
    Prayerpartner

Answer by Prayerpartner at 7:01 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Christmas eve is at my sil's house. Then were lazing around on Christmas day with a huge delicious breakfast then chillin all day. Love it. Then a few days after Christmas we have my family party at one of my relatives houses. This year it is at my house.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 5:08 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• with the family
    vmr

Answer by vmr at 10:37 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• with family or go out with my sisters.
    tozytindo

Answer by tozytindo at 8:54 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Help out at the mens shelter for about 3 to for hours.
    Schaun

Answer by Schaun at 9:23 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• We do Christmas dinner at the inlaws, we do polyanna and do stocking stuffers. WE also (me and my immediate family) I bake christmas cookies and do choc covered pretzels and put them in cellophane treat baggies and give them out to who ever may stop by like an open house. Also give them out as gifts to seniors at our church and friends and family just because gifts. I always like to have tons of them on hand in a decorative basket I dress up and put them on my dinning room table that also makes it more festive decor and it smells oooohhhh soooo good. I love giving more then receiving. I love all the answers and to all the Mom's that give to single parents and to those less fortunate and in nursing homes etc. May God continue to Bless and keep you and allow you to all continue to do his will.
    flea575

Answer by flea575 at 6:54 PM on Dec. 5, 2010