Facebook/divorce question.

If you were divorced, would you list yourself as such on Facebook or would you list yourself as single? Just wondering which I should choose.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:18 PM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• You could just leave the relationship status blank, but if you're going to choose something I would say single.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 5:21 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I would go with single, why live in the past
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 5:22 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Single
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 5:27 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I would leave it blank unless I were using Facebook as a way to meet new people to date. The people I talk to there already KNOW my relationship status in RL anyway.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 5:31 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Either works for me. What makes you feel okay?
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 5:39 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I put single. To me if someone put divorced...they might not be "open" to dating and such. Single means your ready to mingle mama!
    JakesCupcake

Answer by JakesCupcake at 5:50 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Neither -- I'd leave that blank. But you should do what works best for you.
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 6:59 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Divorced, because that's what I was. If someone was looking me up, I wanted them to know that I had been married, not pretend like it hadn't happened.

Answer by missanc at 7:01 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I just leave mine blank because it seems like changing it (or even entering it for the first time) causes such a stir. Like on a new account someone gets around to entering that they're married, and everyone says "Congrats!" Haha. You moron! I've BEEN married! I was just updating my stats! LMAO.
    BethLopez

Answer by BethLopez at 7:35 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I struggled with that one myself. It's not that I am ashamed of my failed marriage(s) but it shouldn't have to define who I am. I feel like if I post my marital status as single, I am making a statement to people that I am not currently involved in a relationship and may be open to new relationships. By setting my status to divorced, I am letting people know that I am still carrying around baggage from a previous relationship and am still not ready to put the past behind me. I think if this was a dating website I may feel differently about disclosing this information, but not for FB.
    not-the-momma

Answer by not-the-momma at 2:24 PM on Nov. 16, 2010