have you ever put a lot of money into your kids bday party and then not have any kids show?

Thats what i'm worried about. My son doesnt have any cousins his age...we don't have any neighbors.. and i'm wanting to invite all the kids in his class to his party but i really wish i knew how many kids would come first... do you think it would be a good idea to just invite the kids for food and cake at my house that way i will have a head count to go by and then we could go do something fun?

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 5:21 PM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• We don't really do parties. The four of us just do cake and presents.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 6:58 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Yes!! It's really frustrating when they don't rsvp either way. I've had to call parents the week of and see if the kids are coming or not.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 5:23 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Yes, I did. And I'll never do it again. And the people that did show were gone really fast and there was a huge mess. Seems like we have more fun when we just invite a few people over for supper and cake.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 5:24 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• That sounds like a good idea, just to play it safe. When my kids were small all my friends had kids the same age, the neighborhood was full of them and my party list was really big, and had really elaborate parties, I enjoyed them more than the kids did!!!!! we had bumper cars, high slides, carnival like rides only in a smaller scale. I also set up booths for the food, one for pop corn another one for hot dogs or pizza and those elephant ears!!!

Answer by older at 5:26 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• We never had big expensive parties for our kids---just a few friends whose parents we also knew, some games at home,then Cake and Ice Cream. They all had a ball. Kids don't care---they are not impressed by money.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 5:34 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I've put tons of money into the kids birthdays, but never had an issue where the kids don't show. LOL. It's a total mad house and we LOVE it! I know their classmates rarely R.S.V.P. I'd plan on supper and cake, but just have fun activities at the house. It's hard to transport kids spontaneously. :)
    BethLopez

Answer by BethLopez at 7:31 PM on Nov. 15, 2010