Did your prenatal vitamins make you sick? Tips & tricks?

Mine did! & so somebody gave me the advice of taking them at night before I went to bed, instead of in the morning.

PURPULbutterfly

Asked by PURPULbutterfly at 5:39 PM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• For my first pregnancy, I took them in the morning with breakfast That made me even more ill than the morning sickness was already making me. I talked to my doctor and he advised me to take them at bedtime with a glass of milk. I did. Much better.
    My second pregnancy, I had a different doctor. He suggested that I take the vitamins at bedtime right away. I wish I had him the first time around!!
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:57 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I took mine with a Tums and it eased the nausea,plus it gave me extra calcium!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:41 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Mine did, it was awful! Take them at bed and also, put them in the refrigerator. A nurse I used to work with shared that trick with me.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 5:42 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• My doctor told me I could take children's chewable vitamins instead until I got over feeling sick.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 5:43 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• You can take them at night. You can take it with milk, that is what I did. Take a sip of milk to coat your stomach then take your pill.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 5:44 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I took mine in the morning with food and a full glass of water. If I didn't eat, I would throw up. Crackers seriously do help the nausea.

bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 5:45 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I discovered that liquid vitamins mixed into a juice or water were easier on my stomach. There are many kinds of powder vitamin drink mixes as well as liquid vitamins on the market.

I also took my vitamins separately instead of in an all-in-one pill. I took a supplement that had A, C, E, and D and then a separate one for b vitamins.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 5:52 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• No, because I took them with breakfast . You should always take vitamins with a meal so your body will absorb them. Also, it is easier on your tummy.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 5:55 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Oh ya sick as a dog! So i drank Boost instead which the doctor said was fine.I still cant take them everyday.
    aliceinlove

Answer by aliceinlove at 7:48 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• That's what I would suggest. Take them at night.
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 5:42 PM on Nov. 15, 2010