better birth control options?

Any advice on birth control? I quit the pill less than a year ago because it messed my hormones up so bad I wasn't myself and I hated that. But I hate condoms! Are there any better options out there?

called2bmom

Asked by called2bmom at 4:22 PM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I had the same issue, I took pill after pill, I tried the shot and the patch and they all screwed with my emotions, my sex life, everything. Recently I got the Mirena IUD and I love it so far. I haven't had any mood swings, no weight gain (cross my fingers), and my DH and I do not have to use condoms. We have the freedom to be sponateous (spelling?) now. And best of all, you have nothing to remember.......
    KlousMomi

Answer by KlousMomi at 4:27 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Vasectomy ;)

Mirenia has hormones in it though, keep that in mind.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 4:31 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• check the pharmacy, you can find contraceptive film, and gel, and several others
    sylvia-ann

Answer by sylvia-ann at 4:32 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I LOVE contraceptive film! They worked for us for 3 years until we were ready to TTC. They are great bcause you can have nice evening w/o the interruptions of condoms or gels.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:47 PM on Nov. 3, 2008