What is something you had to stop doing/useing while pregnant because of saftey reasons?

My face wash for acne has salicylic acid in it (most do) & a warning to ask your DR if pregnant before use. Instead of asking my DR, I researched it myself online and everything I read said I could not use a product with salicylic acid in it. So for the first 4 months, I did not use it. Then just for the hell of it, I asked my DR. She told me that she used a product with salicylic acid her whole pregnancy and that it was perfectly fine. She said I should avoid a product like a toner that is going to stay on my face, but a wash thats going to be rinsed off would be fine, and so I was able to use my face wash which was such a relief.

PURPULbutterfly

Asked by PURPULbutterfly at 5:50 PM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had to stop smoking, of course, and all for the better, I stopped the second I even thought I was. I stopped eating oysters and certain foods because of the mercury content etc. I would sacrifice anything to ensure the health and safety of my child.

bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 5:53 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Nasal spray, cold medication, alcohol, ibuprofen.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 5:58 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I stopped eating sushi and most fish, and really watched the mercury levels of what I ate.

I also stopped painting and using certain art pens in the house because of the fumes.

I was in school and I avoided the Diazo machine (blueprints) because of the ammonia fumes.

I also quit coloring my hair and using certain nail polishes.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 5:59 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I stopped eating sushi with raw rish, but the vegetable and Krab ones are great for you! Eel was also safe..

I stopped eating fresh subs from Publix in exchange for having to get my meat on the side to disinfect it from listeria..

I stopped smoking from almost 3 packs a day :(
    gabrielle_x

Answer by gabrielle_x at 6:43 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I did not change anything. I was 18 and 19 so I did not smoke. I didn't eat cold cuts or sushi. I still smoked as my OB said the stress from quitting smoking could cause more damage and increase the chance miscarriage than smoking.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 6:54 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I had to stop having sex.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:40 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I stopped smoking !!!!!

Answer by older at 7:55 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I was only 18 so I didn't smoke and hadn't drank since the night I got preg lol. But I gave up subs (I LOVE Publix and Subway subs) I gave up Moutain Dew. And I stopped eating Skittles as if they were a main food group.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 10:49 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I stopped drinking coffee. It made me sick the 1st several months. When I craved it again I drank (and SAVORED!!!) one cup of decaff a day!
    333sandy

Answer by 333sandy at 9:20 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I stopped smoking, cut out ALL caffeine (that one was tough), no sushi (love it), didn't have cold cuts, no caesar dressing....some of it may have been extreme, but anything that I read that MIGHT compromise my pregnancy, I eliminated.
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 10:46 PM on Nov. 15, 2010