What does this mean?

So after my husband tells me he loves me and cares for me but is no longer in love with me he has been 10 times more intimate. What is that suppose to mean. I'm really confused at what he is trying to tell me? Anyone have any tips or meanings for me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:56 PM on Nov. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• I would seriously tell him to keep his wee-wee in his pants until he can figure out just what exactly the "not in love with you" part means!
    mz_erica03

Answer by mz_erica03 at 5:59 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Based solely on what you have written.

My guess would be that he is trying to invoke/bring about those "in love" feelings once again.

The feeling of "being in love" is brought on by action. We feel "in love" because of the actions/behaviors of our partner (and ourselves in regards to us putting our love into action and recipricating our partner's actions).. Sounds like he is trying to "rekindle' in the only way that he really knows how.

If I were you. I would recipricate his actions, and start putting in my own loving actions/behaviours in order to rekindle those "in love" feelings between the two of us.. That's just me though
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 6:04 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Hes feeling guilty about something. Id tell him...thats ok about not being "in love" with you.... tell him your "in love with the new guy down at the tire center.... ahhh hes soo dreamy. Then walk away. Maybe you should stage a few mock dates to the movies with a friend. *wink* (dont give him the details..its a secret) *wink* Maybe he needs to feel a little competition! I bet he'd be back "in love" in no time. Funny how guys want the things that cant have and dont want the things that already have. They are so WEIRD!
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 6:06 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I would NOT tell him that your "in love with" anyone else even it is in jest.
    I agree totally with Pixie Trix...that he maybe trying to rekindle that feeling with you.
    However I would totally tell him that it's hurting you by confusing your emotions.
    Good Luck Sweetie....I hope all works out for you and your man.
    I'm here to talk to if you need me!
    Missikat75

Answer by Missikat75 at 6:16 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Sometimes we don't realize how things sound or feel until we say them out loud. Seems to me like he didn't like how that felt and he his trying to change. If he is being more intimate, and still seems committed to your relationship, then I agree with the above poster that he is trying to rekindle old feelings to save your marriage... like he WANTS to feel 'in love' again.

If he does not seem still committed to your marriage, I would worry that the end is near. I have heard of people doing this right before they file for divorce. Leaving the other person to feel like.. they "stocked up" on sex before they moved out.

I think it is probably the first thing... but just keep your eyes open.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 6:17 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• May I ask.

Have the 2 of you become disconnected?
    Have the 2 of you let your interpersonal relationship (your man-woman relationship. that relationship outside of parenthood and the dailies) wane?
    Do the 2 of you have fun together and enjoy each other's company as a couple?
    Do the 2 of you know and understand each other's way of communicating/interpreting love, affection, admiration, adoration, etc?
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 6:29 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Maybe the fear of that which he is familiar is driving this.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 6:44 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• i would take that to mean that he is NOT in LOVE with you and he has somebody else that he IS in LOVE with - being in love with somebody else gives him more passion to be with you
    kaysimon132461

Answer by kaysimon132461 at 8:12 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• it could be either
    1)he is trying real hard to rekindle stay with you
    or
    2(he is in love with someone else (maybe does or does not have a physical relationship with them) but you are the avaliable one

sorry, very confusing for you, time will tell
    i hope it is the first one
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 8:17 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Well it sounds like to me he has reconnected with you. Why not ask him?
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 9:13 PM on Nov. 15, 2010